[Linux-aus] LCA2008 in Tasmania...

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Sat Jun 3 00:20:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:38:19AM +1000, Michael Emery arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Just thought I'd send out an email to make sure everyone knows
> Tasmania will be putting in a bid for LCA2008.. but while the document
> itself is a week or two away I thought I'd upload our conference logo
> so people can atleast see that in the mean time..
> so our logo is available from http://www.bur.st/~splat/lca2008-tas-logo.jpg

I'd just like to say that whilst I support a rival bid (Melbourne's) I
had a good chat with Michael (and others) about the Tassie bid last week
when I was down there and they have some good ideas and seem like they
could pull off an LCA.

Thanks,
Julien

Ps.
I will say that both Melbourne and Tassie's bids are stronger in
different areas and I very much feel that's due to the limited
information the bid teams have been about to get out of Linux Australia
(There have been many discussions in the Melbourne group about how
having some pieces of info would help [Some we found alternates for,
some we weasled out, some we just had to give up on], and in talking to
the Tassie people they expressed a similar sentiment).