[Linux-aus] President's Report, June / July 2006

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Jul 7 00:43:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Jonathan Oxer wrote:

> Before I get into the various specific reports I want to highlight the
> big hot topic at the moment: Australia's obligations to alter our
> intellectual-property laws in accordance with the requirements of the
> AUS-US Free Trade Agreement. Many of you will already be very familiar
> with this topic but I'll provide some background that may be helpful
> when trying to explain it to other people.

I hope that, one day, people will refer to the agreement as what it is;
a Trade Agreement, NOT a Free Trade Agreement. If it was a Free Trade
Agreement, exclusions like sugar and agricultural products (from
Australia, to the USA), would not exist.

And, if it was FREE Trade, we would not have the intellectual property
problems.

It is simply a trade agreement, whereby the USA , by agreement with
George Bush's john, obtains even more domination over Australian
interests.

No doubt, having said that, this will probably cause my disssent to be
classed as treason, and result in men in black, bashing our door down,
to have me taken away to Guano Bay, to be locked up in the concentration
camp.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale