Fwd: [Linux-aus] anyone for an open-source-beyond-the-black-stump miniconf?

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Thu Jul 6 06:15:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 01:14 +0930, Rohan M. wrote:

> So how does one become an 'offical LA backed community FOSS rollout-er' so
> to speak?

It works pretty much the same as with most activities LA is involved in:
come up with a plan, find some enthusiastic people to help you (the
linux-aus list is great for this), and contact the LA committee saying
what you want to do and what you need to make it happen.

LA is very much about helping out people with cool ideas. LA doesn't
have paid staff so we can't throw resources at projects in that way, but
there are certain things we can help with such as (limited) funding,
insurance, publicity, hosting, mailing lists, and finding volunteers.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan