[Linux-aus] Voting has started

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Jan 18 10:49:01 UTC 2006

Hi Skribe,

<quote who="skribe">

> You imagine but you don't know which is my entire point.  As members we're
> entitled to know.  That's the reason for having transparency.

I said in my acceptance of VP that I wanted to support Jon as pres,
inferring that I didn't want to run as pres. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

> > Jon really is a pretty good LA pres IMO so I think it is not a bad thing
> > per se that he is un contested.
>
> Surely that is up to the membership to decide.

Perhaps, but if only one person accepts the position, then the membership by
the act of not collectively having more people run for and accept the
nomination seem to have already made a choice. All candidates were reminded
many times they had to accept a nomination to be counted in the election, so
there is no problem here.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                "Women hold up half the sky." - Mao Tse Tung