[Linux-aus] Voting has started

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Wed Jan 18 09:58:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:44, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> On 1/18/06, skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> wrote:
> > I'm confused.  There are three valid noms for prez but only one is listed
> > on the ballot.  If the others withdrew can that at least be indicated on
> > the noms page, please.
>
> The first part of the page lists the nominations. People who are
> nominated immediately appear in that list, but they don't become
> actual candidates until they receive at least 2 nominations and then
> accept the nomination. Nominations and acceptance of nominations are
> now closed because voting is open.
>
> The second part of the page lists the candidates for each position,
> along with their spiel. The people listed as candidates are the only
> ones who actually appear on the ballot.

I'm going to insist on being a pendant about this.  Sorry.

Pia claimed that the reason that noms were sent to the list was because of
transparency.  This is also about transparency.  If a candidate who has the
required number of noms has declined or withdrawn then that needs to be
included on the noms page.  Otherwise it looks dodgy.

The other alternative is for you to have a separate page for all the
candidates, not just those nominated. The number of candidates needs to match
those on the ballot.  It would make it easier to read their blurbs as well.

skribe
--
Q:	What do you call a blind pre-historic animal?