[Linux-aus] Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members

Leon Brooks leon-linuxaus at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Jan 6 09:49:02 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 09:32, Jon maddog Hall wrote:
> "It is true that no one ever got fired for buying Microsoft.  They
> got fired because the project did not work, and with closed source
> software there was NOTHING they could do about it."

Generally true, and I can name dozens of those, but in each case here
they got fired because Microsoft was not the right solution.

The most recent one got fired for recommending the purchase of $30,000
in Terminal Server seats and stuff, where the "real" solution involved
fixing the network (for a few hours of my time at $120+GST).

> I usually follow that statement with a question:

> "How many of you have successfully sued Microsoft because their
> software did not work?"

Mumble, mumble, eyes on floor or ceiling. (-:

"Have any of you ever dealt with a charging elephant by charging right
back?" They would be name Mark, because that's about what their remains
would amount to.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia