[Linux-aus] Nomination for Treasurer

Anand Kumria akumria at acm.org
Thu Jan 5 22:52:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:23:42PM +0800, www-data wrote:
> A nomination for Treasurer has been received.
>
> This member: akumria at acm.org
> Nominated this member: terry at linux.org.au
> For this Position: Treasurer
> In this election: Linux Australia Committee 2006
>
> In some future non-hacked version of this notification mail,
> you'll actually get the reason they got nominated, if they've

Terry was the first treasurer of Linux Australia and were it not for his
tenacity in wrestling the bureauracry of various Tax Offices, Banks and
Fair Trading organisations -- as well as keeping things organised; Linux
Australia would not have had the sound financial footing it has today.

Were it not for that my later job as treasurer (I succeeded him) would
have been immensely harder.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are