[Linux-aus] Re: LCA: bringing the process forward

Donna Benjamin donna at mel8ourne.org
Thu Feb 16 16:03:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 10:10 +1100, Del wrote:
> Given that we have a winning bid from Sydney and a 2nd place (were
> there others?) bid from Melbourne for 2007, would it not make a
> certain amount of sense to quickly ask the Melbourne 2007 bidders if
> they are happy to go with an identical bid for Melbourne 2008 and hand
> it over to them on that basis?

Well - we'd actually like to continue to work on our bid, as we received
some constructive criticism about what was wrong with it.

But sure - by all means award 2008 to Melbourne and we'd be more than
happy to work with teams bidding for 2009 and beyond.

At this point - without any further guidelines, I'm planning on
submitting our bid at the end of April, and was hoping for a decision at
the end of June, but no later than the end of July.

Sydney7 - not speaking for the whole MEL8 team on this point,
but I'm on your side and am a willing slave. ;)

- donna

--
http://www.mel8ourne.org/      MEL8OURNE2008
                               linux.conf.au