[Linux-aus] LCA: bringing the process forward (the whole message this time!)

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Thu Feb 16 13:54:02 UTC 2006

> I'd like to see bid entries due by the end of June and a decision made and
> announced at least to the bid teams by the beginning of August
>
> I'd love to see LA work towards knowing 2 years in advance where LCA is
> going to be
> not only would it give a good opurtunity to be involved more directly with
> the conferences for the organises of future conferences
> it could also be a lot of help to smaller lugs where not many people can
> afford to attend this sorts of things..
> 2 months notice wouldn't really allow for people who otherwise wouldn't be
> going for financial reasons to be able to get there
>
> the other thing 2 years would allow for is people changing the dates of
> the
> conference to other times during the year without reducing the amount of
> time people have to plan to attend the following conferences.
>
> Michael

Well as I said feel free to tear it apart :)

Really I agree with Jon and the others who have mentioned June/July as the
target. Eighteen months notice gives the winning team plenty of time to
get what they need together and also gives potential attendee's plenty of
time to organise leave and so on.

--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update