[Linux-aus] LCA: bringing the process forward (the whole message this time!)

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Feb 15 15:48:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 03:39:58PM +1100, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
> Traditionally with LCA and the AGM in late January teams have pitched
> fairly late in the year with the next venue officially announced at
> LCA itself.

For Perth and Adelaide, the rationale for that was to avoid people saying
"Oh, the next one won't be on the wrong coast, it'll be in Adelaide,
I'll go there instead" or "Rather than fly to Adelaide I can just drive
to Canberra". I suspect it's been mostly tradition since that point.

>  * More than 12 months notice will decrease attendance at prior event.

OTOH, if we're getting to the state where we're selling out reasonably
reliably and don't want to increase the size of the conference too much,
maybe that's actually something we /want/ now.

Cheers,
aj