[Linux-aus] [PROPOSAL]: media.linux.org.au

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Fri Feb 10 20:05:02 UTC 2006

Conrad Parker, Vice-Chair of the Annodex Foundation (www.annodex.org)
has proposed the creation of a media.linux.org.au sub domain with the
express purpose of promoting the creation and dissemination of FOSS
related media.

The project would be hosted on Annodex Foundation servers maintained
within the CENTIE network and governed by a sub-committee made up of
representatives of both the Foundation and the Linux Australia
membership. An initial committee would be made up of Conrad Parker,
myself, Ryan Verner and Silvia Pfeiffer. Content would judged on a case
by case basis and a set of guidelines will be developed with regards to
what content that will be hosted in consultation with both Linux
Australia and the Annodex Foundation.

For an example of what could be done, have a look at
http://media.annodex.net/cmmlwiki/

I would also like to point out that this project is meant to compliment,
not compete with the mirroring project.

I'm looking for any feedback or questions you have so shoot them
through.

Disclaimer: I am the Treasurer for the Annodex Foundation as well as
Ordinary Committee member for Linux Australia.
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update
SIP: 736855 at fwd.pulver.com