[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] [Fwd: Re: [xxxxxxx] FW: Re: S.A. Parliament - Ubuntu Matter of Interest]

Janet Hawtin lucychili at internode.on.net
Sat Dec 9 10:44:02 UTC 2006

David Keegel wrote:

 > According to Computer World, this speech was given on Wednesday:
 >     http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1496417232
 >
 > I see a web page about the OpenSource WA Demonstration Centre at:
 >     http://www.opensource.wa.gov.au/
 >
 > What is the reference to Victoria?  Is there an Open Source Demonstration
 > Centre in Victoria, or support/encouragment for Vic schools to migrate?
 > Or is that just about the funding grant to OSV a few years ago?

Yes it was in reference to the funding support for OSV.
Any ideas about how to put momentum into these thoughts would be appreciated.
not just for SA but for Victoria or other states too, perhaps acknowledging the
positive impact of the funding in Victoria might make them think about being
supportive again?

All the best

Janet