[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] [Fwd: Re: [xxxxxxx] FW: Re: S.A. Parliament - Ubuntu Matter of Interest]

David Keegel djk at cybersource.com.au
Sun Dec 10 21:46:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 11:42:16AM +1030, Brenda Aynsley wrote:

> SA parliamentarian Dennis Hood (family first) intends to make a speech
> about Open Source, I dont know whether he actually made it, but he
> sought input from the FOSS/linux community. [....the Family First Party
> will me making this speech next Wednesday 6/12 just after about 2:30 or
> 2:45? from linuxsa list  - I am told]

According to Computer World, this speech was given on Wednesday:
	http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1496417232

I see a web page about the OpenSource WA Demonstration Centre at:
	http://www.opensource.wa.gov.au/

What is the reference to Victoria?  Is there an Open Source Demonstration
Centre in Victoria, or support/encouragment for Vic schools to migrate?
Or is that just about the funding grant to OSV a few years ago?