[Linux-aus] auda policy and FOSS projects

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Fri Dec 1 13:20:04 UTC 2006

Joel wrote:

>> Hey we could even rally for a .foss.au 2LD.
>> Comments please.
>
> This would be great, I'll see if I can dig up a link regarding the
> previously mentioned discussions on auDA policy.

whoa ppl, think this through a bit before you go galloping off to change
the world.

do we have a common understanding of FOSS or FLOSS or linux or all three
and the dozens of other words used to describe open source and/or open
standard non-proprietary systems and programs?

does anyone other than the most dedicated enthusiast of matters open
source appreciate any of it?

Just who would be looking for foss.au ... and why would they?

Is there a purpose in being identified as f/loss and what is it?

Who would use it?

... just some thought starters.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/

Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107

Chairman ACS SA http://www.acs.org.au/
The ACS Computer Professional Educational Program impacts
on the Practising Computer Professional scheme. To see how visit
http://www.acs.org.au/cpprogram/cpp.htm