[Linux-aus] LA grant application

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Sun Dec 10 21:46:02 UTC 2006

I support this, but I would like to see Holger's talk videoed(!)
because I think this is valuable reference information that we can
share far broader than just FOMS/LCA.
This is an issue that a number of LUGs (and open source conferences)
struggle with -- capturing and distributing high quality presentations.

It is also a rapidly warming up topic (not quite "hot" ;-) at
Universities (audio is hot, video is still catching up) -- it would
be good to see if Library/EdTech people could be encouraged to come
to Holger's talk too (i.e. I'd like the grant recipients to make a
special effort to specifically contact the appropriate people at
Sydney Unis about the presentation, because this is a good
opportunity to get OSS into that space in Unis).

re,