[Linux-aus] "Open Source On The Air" To Launch 9th August

"Open Source On The Air" to launch 9th August

Tomorrow night, James and Karin Purser, producer/presenters of the Linux
Australia Update and the LUG Roundup podcasts, will launch a new weekly
online programme "Open Source On The Air".

"We've been doing the podcasts for slightly over a year now and we felt
that it was time to move it up a level." said James.

"The new programme allows us to look at more of the Free and Open Source
Software community in Australia. We'll be talking to a range of people,
from hard core developers and power users through to members of the
vibrant business community that is growing around Open Source Software
and solutions."

The new programme will take a magazine format consisting of four core
segments. James and Karin be airing weekly interviews with people active
in the open source community, business leaders, politicians and software
innovators.

More information on Open Source On The Air can be found here
(http://www.localfoss.org/node/188)

Open Source On The Air will broadcast live from 9:30pm AEST (+1000) this
Wednesday 9th August. Guests will include Anthony Towns, Debian Project
Leader and Robert Yearsley of Bluebox Technology
(http://blueboxtech.net).

You can listen in at http://radio.localfoss.org:8000 or you can download
the segment podcasts which will be available the next day.

James Purser
Producer/Presenter, Open Source On The Air
Mob: 0406 576 553