[Linux-aus] Running a Linux Demo Zone at CeBIT

Del del at babel.com.au
Thu Apr 27 09:33:02 UTC 2006

> Although not essential it would also be great if we could arrange
> Internet access through a wireless provider and network them all so
> people can use them to check email and do general web surfing while at
> the show. That could make the stand a real hub of activity and expose
> even more people to Linux.

There is one (only) provider of wireless internet access at CeBIT
-- Wired Sky.

http://www.cebit.com.au/services/resource/CEBIT_Form_16.pdf

www.wiredsky.com.au

Applications close 1st May, and it's expensive ($330+ for the 3 days,
and you're also facing a $100 late booking fee at the moment).

To use any other wireless provider is against the terms and conditions
of the expo and will get you in trouble with the organisers, so don't
do it.  Plus you'll probably find the frequencies are blocked within
the expo hall and won't work anyway.

--
Del
Babel Com Australia