[Linux-aus] Utter tripe in CIO magazine

Jonathon Coombes jon at cybersite.com.au
Fri Apr 7 08:29:01 UTC 2006

On 07/04/2006, at 9:19 AM, ashley maher wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 21:44 +1000, Nathan Bailey wrote:
>> Jonathan,
>> 	I think it would be good if you, as president of Linux Australia,
>> responded to this article in CIO -- influential decisions makers read
>> this magazine and might be affected by the poor arguments put forward
>> here:
>>
>> Albatrosses Yes, Penguins No
>> Peter Hind, CIO
>> http://www.cio.com.au/index.php/id;1404610049
>
> Nathan,
>
> Actually I agree with a carefully worded response, however, the
> arguments put forward are hardly poor.

Hi Ashley,

I agree with Nathan about poor arguments based on the same method of
group Linux and open source software in the one basket. The comments
are based around Linux on the desktop, but there are already many
open source products being actively used on the desktops, and this is
what will bring about the change from Microsoft domination in the
desktop market.

Regards
Jonathon