[Linux-aus] [Fwd: [SLUG] Re: returning windows software]

Del del at babel.com.au
Mon Oct 31 10:38:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

This issue of returning windows software provided with a name brand
laptop has come up again on the SLUG list.  I have suggested that someone
possibly from LA needs to take this up with the ACCC.  I know that OSIA
have discussed the issue and there have been pros and cons put forwards
on either side.  A few OSIA members have taken some complaints to the
ACCC, but nothing concrete has come out of the organisation so far.

So I will raise this one with LA and OSIA again.  Because it's an issue
that affects Linux users rather than Linux companies, perhaps it's best
brought to bear by LA.

This is probably the most relevant of the emails, containing most of
the background information required.

I note the comment below that ACCC hasn't received any number of complaints
about the issue -- perhaps it's time to start making some.