[Osia-discuss] Re: [Linux-aus] Help with a political approach to Open Source please :)

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu Oct 6 21:55:03 UTC 2005

Hey Con,

<quote who="Con Zymaris">

> One of my colleagues here at Cybersource has spent most of the past two
> months making contact with all the the state-wide Business Enterprise
> Centres (BECs). These are either staffed or funded by the state
> government(s) and some by the federal government.

Cool!

> To give you an idea of the level of volunteer effort involved, I estimate
> 150 hours has been spent on preparing material, cold-calling, responding
> to concerns and talking to this group of public servants. While the task
> is getting easier, and more and more of them are prepared to listen and
> trust us as word gets around, I estimate another three months' effort is
> needed to complete this project and reach the remaining centres around the
> country.

Is it possible to get a hold of the material you guys are using? It may help
:)

> Also this week, we're starting the process of contacting individual
> schools and school boards (Catholic, independent, public) to establish a
> relationship with their IT teaching staff and get them interested in the
> LiveLAMP project:

Are you talking to them about Moodle, LAMs, and other useful stuff for
schools?

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                      "What are we doing today brain?"
              "We're taking over the world like we always do."
                           - Pinky and the Brain