[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Help with a political approach to Open Source please :)

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Thu Oct 6 05:18:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 06:44 +1000, Con Zymaris wrote:
> You're assuming they care that we will only be a branch office economy at
> best and merely a consumer of ICT ;-) That's what their plan actually
> _is_! There is no real integration or co-operation between government
> procurement, for instance, and the Austrade and industry development arms
> of government.

I know depressing isn't it. This is why we need to bang the drum and
really try to convince people that we need to do this. It's not going to
be easy, we'll be fighting against a hundred years of "oh we couldn't
possibly do that we're only a small country, and the Americans/British
do it so much better".

> Phew! I initially read that as 'diseased American Beer'! ;-)

I suppose fairs fair, we sell them Fosters
--
James Purser
Chief Talking Guy - Linux Australia Update