[Linux-aus] linux.conf.au domain

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Sun Oct 2 10:52:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, James Purser wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 15:15 +1300, Simon Lyall wrote:
> > In case the organisers havn't noticed this domain doesn't seem to be
> > working. Emailing here since I'm not sure of the best address to send to.
> >

> Seems to work alright on my end.

I really don't think so. While I realize that conf.au is a bit of a monkey
domain ( within the overall dodgyness of .au ) without working whois
servers and inconsistent name server records it *really* does appear that
linux.conf.au has fallen off the map.

Specifily the name servers for conf.au are rip.psg.com , munnari.oz.au and
(sometimes) mulga.cs.mu.oz.au . Queries to all of the show that they have
no record of linux.conf.au.

--
Simon J. Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.