[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] ATO - Software Compatibility

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Nov 17 11:48:02 UTC 2005

> For clients with different operating systems (specifically Linux and
> Unix), due to the smaller potential user population, the ATO
> considered that the costs associated with developing, maintaining,
> updating and providing user support for Linux/Unix versions of the
> Online Services, could not be justified.
>
> Internet browsers currently supported by the ATO for secure electronic
> transactions are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape. On the
> Macintosh platform, the Safari browser is currently a supported
> alternative to Internet Explorer and Netscape. The ATO cannot support
> all of the available formats of Internet browser due to development
> and maintenance costs.

Do any of us have links with the blind/disabled communities who might be
using linux?

I recall that they were instrumental in getting better browser support
at around the time of the olympics? Perhaps if we make it an access
issue, it will be more difficult to ignore.

- Donna

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/