[Linux-aus] Bootable CD-based Linux Hardware Tester

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Thu Nov 10 11:40:01 UTC 2005

Hey gang,

I'm looking for a good hardware testing system. I'm having intermittant
failures on a PC (either segfaults or kernel panics in various locations)
and I can't really seem to narrow it down to a particular component. The
kernel panics don't seem to be coming from a specific driver.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a Knoppix-style bootable CD with a
hardware testing package onboard?

Thanks,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne . Sydney . Canberra . Hobart . London />

  2/340 Gore Street	 T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
  Fitzroy, Victoria      F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
  3202			 W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>