[Linux-aus] [Fwd: [Osia-discuss] Media Training]

Brendan Scott brendan at opensourcelaw.biz
Wed Mar 30 13:22:02 UTC 2005

I'd like some media training.

Why I'd like the training:

I have represented the open source community on a number of occasions, including before the Senate Select Committee on the FTA, and as a director of Open Source Industry Australia Limited.  I am also  approached for comment on open source related issues from time to time by journalists and present papers regularly on open source.  Media training would assist me to properly craft and to more effectively communicate the open source message in these and in similar circumstances.

What would I provide to the community with such training

Such training would allow me to be a more effective advocate of open source.  I intend to take an active role over the coming months on the proposed China-AU FTA, as well as on the implementation of the A-US FTA.  It would also be reflected in the papers and presentations I give.

Brendan

Brendan Scott