[Linux-aus] Committee Meeting - 2005/03/29

Anthony Towns secretary at linux.org.au
Tue Mar 29 16:59:02 UTC 2005

Programme notes!

Anthony Towns wrote:
> Agenda for Linux Australia Committee Meeting
> 2005/03/29 21:00 +1100

Erk, that's +1000 now, isn't it? Durn Southerners with their daylight
term deposits... :(

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane: 9:00pm
   Jon, Pia, Anthony, Stewart
Adelaide: 8:30pm
   Geoffrey
Perth: 7:00pm
   Mark
Who knows: ???
   Andrew :)

> Location: Teleconference

Teleconference hookup via IBM
   Phone: 1300 301 336
   ID: 136830

Some notes for Jon:

Open the meeting.
Roll call to make sure we know who's here for the record.

Subject: [LACTTE] 2005/02/22 Committe Meeting Minutes (DRAFT)
To: LA Committee <committee at linux.org.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:30:29 +1000

Read out the motion; ask for someone to propose it (Anthony) and second
it (Jon?). Ask for any further comments for/against. Ask each person on
the conference call for their vote.

> (2) Change of registered office
>     Motion: That Linux Australia's registered business office be changed
>     to the North Sydney office of Minerva Technology Lawyers.

(see endnote for correspondence)

C/- Minerva Technology Lawyers
Level 21
201 Miller Street
North Sydney NSW 2060

WRT Andrew's question, no, we haven't spoken to these guys, but they
seem legit, and seem to have a dedicated focus on IT and non-profits
(they're www.charity.org.au). Without someone in Sydney beating the
pavement, I can't see how we can do any better; though we could just
wait 'til I'm in Sydney post LCA.

Read out the motion; ask for someone to propose it (Anthony) and second
it (Mark?). Ask for any further comments for/against. Ask each person on
the conference call for their vote.

> (3) Linux Professional Institute Activities Budget
>     Motion: That Pia Smith be authorised access to funds necessary to
>     cover LPI events and activities related to linux.conf.au 2005, with
>     total amount not to exceed $2000; that Ms Smith be directed by the
>     committee to show discretion in the use of such funds; and that the
>     committee shall review LPI related income and expenses by 1st June
>     2005, with a view to ensuring the sustainability and effectiveness
>     of our involvement in LPI.

Read out the motion; ask for someone to propose it (Pia?) and second it
(Jon?). Ask for any further comments for/against. Is the $2k
appropriate? Is Pia's discretion suitable for checks and balances? This
is intended to cover things like the LPI dinner and the LCA sponsorship
Pia's been talking about. Other issues? Ask each person on the