[Linux-aus] Re: Proposal: LA cooperation with Community Code

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Wed Mar 23 15:58:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:27:35PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Matthew Palmer wrote:
> >>Is that what we're talking about here? It seems pretty reasonable to me,
> >>once you get through all the wherefores and thithers...
> >That is the gist of it.
>
> So can we get a concrete proposal to vote on? No ifs or buts, just a

I thought what I posted to the linux-aus list before was sufficient.  Can
you identify which parts of that document needs to be tightened up before LA
can decide on the matter?

> who should be on the sub-ctte, and who the chair is? No need to be too
> detailed, or too wordy, it just needs to be clear on what you want, and

The only thing we haven't given any specification of is who should be the
LA<->CC liaison.  That's not a killer issue from my point of view, but we
can have a discussion on the CC mailing list and give you an answer in the
next couple of days.

As far as who is going to be on the sub-committee, I want as many people on
the mailing list to be there -- nobody, at present, has any more experience
than anyone else about what we're doing.  I think the definition of
"Community Code Members" given in the proposal is appropriate for
sub-committee membership.  As far as meetings go, we can either meet online
or at SLUG meetings for the near future.

> Hrm, I imagine there'll be a BOF/lightning-talk on this at LCA too...
> *hinthint* :)

Hadn't really considered it.  I'm not sure what we'd have to talk about.
We're past the "is this a good idea" stage, but don't have any major issues
of operational importance to discuss yet.

- Matt