[Linux-aus] Formal committee meeting for next week [ctte trivia]

Anthony Towns secretary at linux.org.au
Tue Mar 22 19:51:02 UTC 2005

Hola,

[Hrm, this might be a bit trivial for everyone else, but we're trying to
be public and transparent and such, so what they hey. Comments from
folks welcomed.]

So I meant to get stuff together for a formal meeting this week, but
didn't, then missed it anyway -- slack hey? Anyway, one next week should
hopefully work just as well. Some stuff to cover:

  (1) Authorise change to registered office to minvera
  (2) Authorise payment for media training
  (3) Authorise complimentary dinner for LPI meeting at LCA
  (4) Authorise Community Code subcommittee/project

Those seem worth authorising formally as a ctte. Is there anything else
that should be covered?

Is there anything from the forums that needs authorising, or that we
just want to officially endorse? Do we want to officially endorse any of
the donations stuff? Do we want to enter a report from either of those
things in the minutes? That might be worthwhile. Maybe a president's or
treasurer's report would be timely too. Is there time for those?

I'd like to try doing this straight over the phone, with all the items
pre-prepared in the agenda, and just using standard meeting procedure,
instead of the confusing IRC hybrid we tried last time. If we've got all
the resolutions in the agenda first and discuss any problems we know of
on linux-aus or committee@ that should be fine.

In particular (1) should be fine to continue with as is. Assuming we go
with the quote Pia found for media training, (2) is easy too. (3) just
needs some idea of cost. (4) needs some followup with the Community Code
people, I'm not sure if there's still any concern from our end -- so I
added it to the task tracker as task 41. I'll write up and post an
agenda Thursday or Friday.

Cheers,
aj

--