[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Donations Scheme!

Anthony Towns secretary at linux.org.au
Sun Mar 13 12:26:02 UTC 2005

Hi all!

As mentioned in the summary of the weekend meeting we had in February,
we've been wanting to help projects accept donations from users. The
first phase of that's now up, and we're accepting donations for Debian
and Samba. Have a look at

	http://www.linux.org.au/projects/donations/

We're trying to be pretty careful about how we do this, so we don't make
too much work for ourselves, don't break the law, and don't tread on
people's toes; so any comments would be appreciated!

Samba and Debian have talked with Linux Australia a few times in the
past about using our facilities for accepting donations, so they were
the obvious first step. If there are other projects who've got an
immediate use for or interest in this please feel free to contact the
committee -- at the moment we want to keep the number of projects pretty
small, but we're not at all averse to adding a few more projects already.

We'd really like to get some experience with collecting money, and
getting it spent on useful things for projects -- so if you've recently
been thinking how wonderful Debian or Samba are and wondering how you
could contribute, please do feel encouraged to send in some money. :)

Anyway, hope that makes sense, and if you've got any questions or
comments, please don't hesitate to post :)

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <secretary at linux.org.au>