[Linux-aus] SLPWA Event - Growing Your I.T. Business V1.0

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Mar 10 13:56:02 UTC 2005

             The Society of Linux Professionals, WA
                           announces
                   Growing Your IT Business V1.0

SLPWA and OSSWA have pooled resources to deliver a day of business and
technical discussion aimed at sole IT practitioners, and micro to medium
IT businesses who are working with, or interested in, Open Source
Software in business applications.

Motivation for the day grew out of observations of the AOSS6 event
organised by AUUG in October 2004. The talks were informative but we
also observed a good deal of lively discussion during the breaks.

The format for this new event is to offer key talks about IT service
provision from a technical and business perspective interspersed with
longer breaks which give enough time to view demonstrations and talk
with like-minded IT people about work and industry issues that matter to
you.

Matt Kemner will be giving hands-on demonstrations of OSS products for
VoIP deployment which promises to be a lively part of the free time
activity.

For reasons of access to speakers, the event has been booked for 6 April
which means we'd like to hear from you soon of your intention to attend.
The major part of your attendance fee is catering and it's important
that we advise the catering people early that you will be
attending.

As we've explained in the event link, if you spend much of your time
interacting with end users, the day is a break away from those daily
activities and a chance to catch up with like-minded IT professionals
and talk about the bigger picture and opportunities in OSS and IT.

When: Wednesday 6 April 8.00am to 3.45pm
Where: Open Source WA, Technology Park, Bentley, Western Australia
Further information: http://www.slpwa.asn.au/events (follow the links in
the menu bar to the agenda, presentation abstracts and registration)

Regards
Jacqueline