Re: [Linux-aus] Salary Survey

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 09:47 +1000, Ian Wienand wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 09:11:09PM +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:
> > I think it'd be interesting, and also having a polling functionality
> > would be cool at any rate. Want to set it up? ;)
>
> I couldn't commit time to develop a custom solution; but if someone
> knows of a good open source polling/questionnaire builder that has
> some sort of minimal level of anti-spoofing and security I'd be
> willing to set it up and admin it.  Alternatively it could be part of
> MemberDB?

The safest way to integrate with membership stuff (i.e. will prevent
spammers, will prevent people from skewing results by entering
information many times) would be:

- have only members be able to fill it in
	easy - just add the forms to the memberdb menu and way of displaying
things.
- only track 'member has entered data'.
  - CREATE TABLE has_entered_survey (survey_id int, member_id int);
	yeah, really that simple. no date or anything. so after the first few,
impossible to track.

- we have code for producing HTML forms that means you'd have both the
enter and view up and done in about an hour (including me telling you
the cool bits of code to use).

if someone has an hour or so to spare - i'll happily help you.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart@flamingspork.com)
http://www.flamingspork.com/