[Linux-aus] Anti-circumvention Forum Wrapup

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Jun 7 09:12:02 UTC 2005

Hi all,

the Open Source Forum last week went exceptionally well. The four speakers
gave real insight to the problems we are facing, and some clues as to what
we could do about it. All slides are currently up on
http://www.linux.org.au/projects/forums/200506-anti-circ.php however the
video is not yet up, and as some speakers were not happy with having their
talks broadcasted, only half the video will likely be available, but I'll
get them up soon.

We've had a request from the EFA to run the anti-circumvention forum again
in Brisbane, which would be very interesting.

The next forum will be on the 19th July. Details are at
http://linux.org.au/projects/forums/ and will be on Open Source Business
Methods, ie - how to make money from FOSS sustainably. Already we've had
Commsecure, MySQL, MAcquarie Uni and Squiz confirm they can speak. I may
even briefly outline the strategy I created for delivering Open Source at Volante.

Please RSVP to me as soon as possible. There are loads of seats, a really
nice lunch, and I'll be making sure we limit the event to 2 hours to make it
more useful to people running businesses or with shorter lunch breaks :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                      "What are we doing today brain?"
              "We're taking over the world like we always do."
                           - Pinky and the Brain