Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 18:07 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2005 16:55, Lorn Potter wrote:
> > Last I checked "Australia" does not include "New
> > Zealand" as a state or even a territory
>
> Then you didn't check very hard. Look again.

I'll save him the effort of Googling for it. I remember hearing this
once and thinking it was probably just an urban legend but it piqued my
curiosity, and via the miracle of the interweb it's right there on the
Senate website > Aus Constitution > Preamble > Point 6.

http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/general/constitution/preamble.htm

And AIUI, New Zealand was a Colony of New South Wales until it was
constituted as a separate colony on Nov 16, 1840.

Cheers   :-)

Jonathan