Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

On Monday 04 July 2005 12:41, Lorn Potter wrote:
> You probably mean that these people are resigned to this decision
> because the committee has probably ignored them.

Not. The idea was first presented in Elder Hall at LCA2004, to general
acclaim. I distinctly remember some Kiwis being upset and panicky
because I put forward a proposal for Broome as well. (-:

> (from what I have heard there was quite an opposition to this
> decision, and these concerns were overruled, much like my opinions
> on the matter have been).

From where? Certainly not the body of the LCA in either Adelaide or
Canberra.

> I only brought this up, because Bret brought up some concerns about
> it, and was flipantly disregarded.

Spell it "flippantly", and it's the wrong term, anyway. You should
replace it with the phrase "- as we have learned through long, painful
experience to do -" if you seek to express truth and honesty.

> Why would I want to run an organization that can't honour it's own
> charter?

Given your persistent refusal to admit that it might possibly in any way
_be_ honouring its own charter, I ask, why would I want to vote you in?
Go ahead, make my day, convince me!

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia