Re: [Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Anthony Towns wrote:
Lorn Potter wrote:

Everyone whom I have told this to, including non geek types that don't know anything about Linux, thinks this seems a bit odd, and raises a lot of eyebrows.

Personally, I think that's half the fun. We raised some eyebrows when we moved the conference to Brisbane (after Sydney and Melbourne) too -- lots of people didn't think people would go. Even more eyebrows were raised when we went to Perth, for the same reason. Eyebrows were likewise raised when Canberra's LCA shifted the timing into April.

I'm all for keeping things from getting stuck in a rut, personally. Having a team that's enthusiastic about running a great conference is what attracts the speakers and then the attendees.

If you want a boring explanation; LCAs been comparatively under-attended by NZers,

Perhaps that's because it's a _different_ country?

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Trolltech Qtopia Community Manager