[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Jul 4 16:54:02 UTC 2005

James Purser wrote:
> Part of your previous post included a statement to the effect that
> sponsors would drop the conference because of "trust issues" however
> here you seem to take it as read that sponsors don't care.

The trust issue might play an important role if lca wants to grow, I
would think.

>>Why would I want to run an organization that can't honour it's own charter?
>

> See here I have a problem. If all you are going to do is complain about
> the way things are done and are not willing to put in the time to "fix"
> the problems as you see fit, then we are going to have to agree to
> disagree on this issue and it would be best to end this cyclic thread.

ok, how to fix:

1) Amend the Charter and name to include 'International', or 'New
Zealand', or 'Commonwealth', or 'Anzacs'.

2) Change the name of this years LCA (which it's not, it's LCNZ), and
admit there is no LCA this year. Refocus Linux Australia back to the
Linux Community in _Australia_.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Trolltech Qtopia Community Manager