[Linux-aus] Can Linux Australia survive?

James Purser purserj at k-sit.com
Sun Jul 3 09:45:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 05:47, Lorn Potter wrote:

> Not really. The relationship between US and Ca are very much like Au-Nz,
> except they can walk back and forth between US-CA, and don't need a
> passport to do so.
Okay, and the US has nominally national organisations that force
Americans to go to Canada to participate, the NHL and Major League
Baseball come to mind.

> Why make it difficult for Australians to get to the Linux Australia
> conference?
This is not about making it difficult for Australians to make it to the
LA conference, it is about trying to expand the conferences reach to
include New Zealand, something which I think is no bad thing.

Please remember that this is a one off for the moment. The next
conference after Dunedin will be held in an Australian city and
depending on the make up of the committee the conference may never leave
our shores again.
--
James Purser
http://k-sit.com