[Linux-aus] Nominations update

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jan 5 12:48:02 UTC 2005

gareth wrote:
> Are any nominees providing a profile or similar?
> For apart from Pia's excellent emails they are just names on a list.

These are nominations. The person nominating has a chance to provide a
reason ("I like Glen, and he rocks so you should nominate him too").
Once two or more nominations are received for a given person, then they
get to chose if they want to become a candidate.

If they do, then they get to express a platform ("Vote for me, Glen, as
I am cool."). We haven't really got to that stage yet, as only two
people have accepted their nominations.

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au