Re: [Linux-aus] LA ctte meeting summary 2005/02/13

<quote who="Bret Busby">

> Okay, so you disagree with me. Fair enough. But, is a rational discussion
> of the issue on the list

I've yet to see evidence of your rationality, Bret.

> involving the memberhsip, not a good idea, for the differing views that
> may come from the membership, and, to get the determination of the issue,
> from the membership?

No, it will just turn into a circus. That's why we elect a committee. If the
committee screws up, heads roll.

> Do the membership not deserve a say in this, or, are we all supposed to be
> just lemmings that follow the leaders over whatever cliffs we are led?

I had my say! Did you vote?

> And, even if a conference in one palce, is not as flashy and polishd as
> a conference in another place, is that not variety

Sure, and I fully expect the local teams and committee to figure out a great
place to hold it each year.

Bret, if it was up for open discussion on the mailing list, you'd be sending
twice as many crackpotted emails and railing on about the inappropriateness
of allowing another sovereign country (that doesn't believe in meat pies) to
hold the event. I'm grateful we're only stuck with the post-decision crack.

Rock on New Zealand!

- Jeff

--
gnome.conf.au 2005: April 19th            http://live.gnome.org/Canberra2005