Re: [Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January

Michael Davies wrote:
Christopher Yeoh said:

This situation is certainly unfortunate, but whatever we do, its going
to happen to some people. I'd guess there were probably people on the
east coast who were unable to attend botgh Perth and Adelaide because
of travel.  I missed out on the Brisbane and Perth conferences because
the Linux Standard Base workgroup meetings (around LWE NY time)
clashed in both years with LCA.  Bad stuff happens sometimes.

And I missed Brisbane and Sydney because of the cost of travel (from
Adelaide).  They'll always be people who can't make it for dates or cost
to get to location.

But back on topic, I think Linux.Conf.Au should:
a) coincide with university holidays (since that way accommodation and
venue are easy to get at),
b) be held when it's warm at the location, and
c) should publicise dates as far in advance as possible to help with
planning.

Yes, although university holidays don't map well to each other. Canberra is during _ANU_ holidays.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "The geek shall inherit
http://www.stillhq.com            |  the earth"

Linux.conf.au 2005 -- Quite like an excellent Linux and Open Source
conference. http://lca2005.linux.org.au