Re: [Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January

Bret Busby wrote:
Maybe it is time to use the power of the Internet, and of ADSl, and make the conference an Internet, rather than an in-person, event, so that more people who want to, can attend.

It is hard to replace being there and interacting with people directly. I think the vaste majority of people would want to attend a real world event.

Streaming video of presentations might help for those who can't attend. Jeff can probably comment on how well it did/didn't work with Guadec. It looks like they have some of the material available by torrent after the event. For me, that would be preferable to waiting for a DVD. The trouble is that editing/organising this would fall to some poor overworked, under resourced volunteer again. It might not be practical.