[Linux-aus] About a User Conference (was...)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Feb 24 03:53:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Michael Still wrote:

> Bear those in mind while you look at the following proposal I wrote up last
> week. It's still in extreme draft mode...

<snip>

> Timing.
> -------
>
> September. Enough after LCA for me to have a sleep. Not too close to AUUG
> 2005 (a month away, but a different audience), not too close to LCA 2006 (and
> again a different demographic). Open to negotiation though.

How does the timing relate to the academic year?

One of the aspects of the previous January timing of the ALC (Australian
Linux Conference), was that January occurred before the start of the
Australian academic year, so that it would both be when tertiary
students would be available to attend, and, be when on-campus university
accommodation was available between teaching weeks, for accommodating
conference attendees.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale