Going off-topic quick (was Re: [Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January)

Michael Davies michael at msdavies.net
Tue Feb 15 09:40:02 UTC 2005

Jeff Waugh said:
> <quote who="Michael Davies">
>> Jeff Waugh said:
>>
>> Nope, you're wrong, it's got to be Linux.Conf.Au :-)  It gets really
>> hard
>> to write press releases with "linux.conf.au" as the preferred
>> capitalisation - you can never start sentences with the conference name.
>
> linux.conf.au fits in at the front of a sentence without capitalisation.
> It is a proper noun with a defined capitalisation rule.

Yes, but when reported in the media it just gets converted to
Linux.conf.au[1] (which look silly IMHO), hence why my personal preference
is Linux.Conf.Au, but I don't really care.

>> BTW, when will we see the GNOME.Conf.Au 2005 website up?  Is this year
>> the year we'll see official GNOME.Conf.Au thongs for sale? :-)
>
> gnome.conf.au website will be up this afternoon. We may have tshirts and
> stuff. Suggestions were called for on gnome-au-list a while back.

Cool!  Saw the announce.  Having schwag for sale would be great too.

[1] Even hackers do it, see?
http://ozlabs.org/~cyeoh/diary.cgi/2005/02/12#named_pipe_visit :-)

--
michael at msdavies dot net