Going off-topic quick (was Re: [Linux-aus] linux.conf.au in January)

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Feb 14 11:15:01 UTC 2005

<quote who="Michael Davies">

> Jeff Waugh said:
>
> > e) always be written in lowercase.
> >
> > ;-)
>
> Nope, you're wrong, it's got to be Linux.Conf.Au :-)  It gets really hard
> to write press releases with "linux.conf.au" as the preferred
> capitalisation - you can never start sentences with the conference name.

linux.conf.au fits in at the front of a sentence without capitalisation. It
is a proper noun with a defined capitalisation rule.

> BTW, when will we see the GNOME.Conf.Au 2005 website up?  Is this year the
> year we'll see official GNOME.Conf.Au thongs for sale? :-)

gnome.conf.au website will be up this afternoon. We may have tshirts and
stuff. Suggestions were called for on gnome-au-list a while back.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

      "Are you XFire's crazy girlfriend? And if so, shine on you crazy
                          diamond!" - Paul Cameron