[Linux-aus] "start anything you like" type commercials on telly?

Janet Hawtin lucychilli at adam.com.au
Wed Dec 21 06:48:02 UTC 2005

Carrington, Mike wrote:

> It may be an idea to get a national view of LCA projects aired there,
and also get local coverage, in the local area.

Yup I did a breakfast radio interview earlier in the year promoting
ITShare and the recycling project which they do. Also did a newspaper
article around the same time with the Adelaide Independent Weekly. It
did seem to increase tech donated and some new folk applied as
recipients. I dont know if they have done further press stuff since.

I approached the same paper for Software Freedom Day but didnt get a
bite. Also approached JJJ Hack but they didnt bite either. SFD here was
about the DMCA and implications for local industry and community so
perhaps it was not a simple issue for them to unpack and so they left it
alone.

Michael Patkin from ACS does regular radio spots for their recycling
work too, (was the reason ITShare got some coverage) ACS are doing some
Linux stuff but also do MS. Michael also helped to initiate a spread in
a national paper which looked at computer recycling with Computerbank
featured? KylieD might have more info on that one.

We have a training workshop coming up in February for Bettongs
I'll follow up and do a local press thing for that.
I guess thats part of it hey just doing the press end of each completed
project.

Janet