[Linux-aus] "start anything you like" type commercials on telly?
ajdlinux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 13:46:02 UTC 2005
On 12/10/05, skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:43, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> > Whilst it is a great idea, TV advertising is Big Bucks and requires
> > careful planning. Without a specific campaign strategy based on relevant
> > market research it would be a waste of money.
> Yes, very true. For the Perth market alone - the one that I mainly deal in -
> you're looking at anywhere from $300/30-sec slot (Ch7 Sunrise) to
> $3000+/30-sec slot (prime time evening). If you want a national campaign
> then you'd be paying those prices or more in each market (Sydney, Melbourne,
> etc). For a cheaper option, you might care to try Community TV where you can
what exactly is community TV?
> get packages of 30+ ads for close to a couple of grand. Another alternative
> is one of the Foxtel channels.
What I think:
- we *need* an event based approach because we aren't advertising a
product (read: distro)
- has to be an FTA (free to air) TV station
- Australia has 20 million people, NSW has 6 million of them, VIC has
5 million. We have to reach in a numbers-appropriate way.
- has to be a good time - not evening prime time, but maybe morning
show, e.g. sunrise (7) or Today (9)
- we'll need 2-3 exposures at least
- have to come up with a message - why Linux over Windoze?
This space for rent. Enquire within. Terms and conditions apply. See
store for details.
Get free domains - http://www.ezyrewards.com/?id=23484
Use OpenNIC - http://www.opennic.unrated.net
More information about the linux-aus