[Linux-aus] "start anything you like" type commercials on telly?

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Sat Dec 10 12:59:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:43, Donna Benjamin wrote:

> Whilst it is a great idea, TV advertising is Big Bucks and requires
> careful planning. Without a specific campaign strategy based on relevant
> market research it would be a waste of money.

Yes, very true.  For the Perth market alone - the one that I mainly deal in -
you're looking at anywhere from $300/30-sec slot (Ch7 Sunrise) to
$3000+/30-sec slot (prime time evening).  If you want a national campaign
then you'd be paying those prices or more in each market (Sydney, Melbourne,
etc).  For a cheaper option, you might care to try Community TV where you can
get packages of 30+ ads for close to a couple of grand.  Another alternative
is one of the Foxtel channels.

Potential conflict of interest note: I also produce a computer show that airs
on Foxtel.

skribe
--
"The student in question is performing minimally for his peer group and
is an emerging underachiever."

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/