[Linux-aus] Grant for the transport of donated computers to regional areas - Computerbank

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Wed Apr 13 10:24:01 UTC 2005

Pia,

Here's my comments:

 1. Make sure that the committee sees ALL the receipts
 2. The costs seem reasonable

On the other hand, the fact the Computerbank NSW disappeared again could
be for any number of reasons. CBNSW used to host SA's mailing lists;
they don't any more (1).

I'd suggest that Linux Australia adds a clause to any 'grant
application' that says, 'If progress has not been made within [an
appropriate amount of time as determined by the two parties, Linux
Australia and the applicant] then the grant lapses' so that
Linux Australia can plan its cashflow and money needs better.

And it guarantees a result :)

DSL

(1) We host our own, reliable mail servers now

PS: I shouldn't write e-mails when I know I'm in a fantastically bad
mood and haven't eaten or had my dose of coca cola. I was going to say
coke but that could be taken the totally wrong way.