[Linux-aus] Thank your contributor

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Mon Sep 20 21:25:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 23:21, Pia Smith wrote:

> a) put forward recommendations for Australian Contributors that should
> go be recognised for their sterling efforts, or

I'd like to propose Jeff Waugh, from GNOME fame. When he's not stealing
dreams from small children, and selling their distilled energy to large
multi-national corporations to fund his Free Software habit, he's also
doing some cool stuff with Ubuntu

And Daniel Stone, Debian developer, Xorg hacker, and Freedesktop.org
Release Manager, and Ubuntu dude

> b) update the information of contributors that are currently on the page
> and way out of date.

Paul Antoine's website does not resolve any longer. As does the
Linux/MIPS. Broken links = bad

Russell Coker - might want to add that he's of SELinux fame (ENH is
non-existent link now)

rasterman - I think he's in Japan with VA now, but I'm not sure (someone
ought to check)

John Terpstra - www.aquasoft.com.au non-existant. His website at
samba.org might be a better go?

Ken Yap - website doesn't exist