[Linux-aus] The federal election - what ICT policies have been announced? (fwd)

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Oct 1 09:49:02 UTC 2004

But the best part of that is that they realise that this may be a
prohibitive cost for smaller ISPs, but they don't see why we need 100s
of ISPs in Australia and think we'd be better off with just 30 large
ISPs instead:

"This may have the result of putting cost pressures on some of the
smaller ISPs, but there are arguably too many of these at the moment,
and adequate competition could be maintained with 30 ISPs rather than
the hundreds in existence now," it said.

From:
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0%2C4057%2C10900684%255E15306%2C00.html

So if competition is something they're willing to sacrifice to push
their christian fundamentalist ideals, then what else are they prepared
to sacrifice in the name of "protecting our children"?

/ Ben